Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall for Flats!

My husband made an astute point about my shoe collection. He said you have really great high end shoes but not very strong low end shoes. (I realized that when he said "low end" what he actually meant was "casual".) I loooooove heels, so they are vast majority of my shoe collection, but he's right, I have a very weak casual shoe collection. If I'm not in heels, I'm either in tennis shoes or flip flops. Thus I have decided to start looking for more flat shoes that will be comfortable for walking around in, but will be a more stylish addition to outfits.

The King of the "driving shoe" loafer has got to be Tod's, so here are a few of their casual but nice flats:



I like the detail work on these first 4 pairs. I think all of these would be lovely with jeans or nice trousers and a pretty sweater or button down shirt.



I've noticed a lot of casual shoes now have this elastic thing working around the back of the heel. I've never tried any on, so I'm not sure if I would like them or not, but this pair intrigues me.



I love crocodile and lizard prints and textures. I think these would be hot with a pair of cute jeans and an ivory cashmere sweater.


These might be a little too plain for me, but then again, maybe it would make them the most versatile. Tough to say. I generally like a bit of "statement" in my shoes, so I don't know, but I thought it was good to include a simple pair so we could see the "basic" model.

Ciao babes!

0 comments: