Friday, September 14, 2007

Welcome to my Shoe-a-Day blog!

Hi all! Here is my new blog dedicated to the great passion of my life (besides my beloved husband), shoes!!! I will be sharing pics of the shoes I have either just bought or am currently in love with. Since I browse for shoes every day, there is plenty of inspiration to post here.

To kick off the blog I am going to post a couple of different pairs of shoes I find very dreamy.

Just bought:
Pink satin Christian Louboutin "Pochette" sling-back pumps.

Love em! So feminine, wonderful shade of pink, great thin heel, and fabulous heel height (4 inches). I think these are going to be great with a print dress pulling in a bit of the same shade of pink or with a little black or navy dress.

Currently Coveting:
Bruno Frisoni black peep toe, sling-back high heeled shoes with thick pink ribbon at the toes.

These shoes are not for the faint of heart... and that is exactly what I love about them! I love the thick pink ribbon at the toes and I love how much of it there is. More is the new more! Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! For those who don't know of him, Bruno Frisoni is an amazing shoe designer in Paris who also designs for the fabulous house of Roger Vivier. I can't wait to get my hands on these little beauties and wear them with a short little black dress. Oh yes, they will be mine....

Finally, you may be saying to yourself, "Self, what do these two pairs of shoes have in common? They are both pink!" And pink being the color of breast cancer awareness, I want to bring up a good cause that we can all help out with at no expense and it will only take about 10 seconds.

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click
on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free
mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman.

It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a
mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing.
Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to
donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Thanks and see you tomorrow with a shiny new pair of shoes! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Not sure which I love more... probably the all-pink ones you bought. Maybe if I cut off all my toes I can fit into them and then borrow them from you? After the bleeding stops, of course.

bunnybride said...

I am so not a shoe whore so I hope I pick up a little fashion sense reading your entries ;)

Christy said...

WOOHOO more shoes to drool over because they are out of my budget. :(