Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in the race!


Well helloooooooooooo there! After nearly a year's hiatus, I am back and blogging about my second greatest love - shoes!! (The title of my greatest love has now been claimed by the reason for my hiatus - my new baby daughter! And yes, she already has an extensive collection of baby shoes!) :)

Now that my feet are back to their pre-pregnancy size (thank goodness! If they hadn't gone back and I could no longer wear the shoes in my collection, that would have pretty much been the end of me.), I have decided it's time to search for a celebratory pair of shoes! Currently my obsession is with riding boots. As much as I am devoted to heels, I think a pair of flat boots is a necessity. Plus they are so stylish!! They are truly the perfect Fall/Winter accessory. These don't come cheap, but are really worth the investment. They are a timeless style that can last a lifetime, if you get a good pair. That said, a good pair can be found at various price points.

The mother of all riding boots, in my humble opinion, are the Hermes Kelly Jumping boots. They are gorgeous!!! They are stylish!!! They are EXPENSIVE!!! (YEEOUCH!!!) They are also very hard to find photos of, so here's what I could come up with:

The Kelly Caleche ad which features the gorgeous boots in brown:


A closer shot of the boots in brown, highlighting the removable Hermes clasp, which is the same style as the one on the Kelly handbag:


The boots in white on white with calfskin and croc:


Can't say that I'm a fan of the white on white with the croc. White boots, in general, don't do it for me. I'm also not a fan of the contrasting textures on the riding boots. I prefer the cleaner look of using all one type of material (plain calfskin or all croc are groovy.)

If the pocketbook would allow, I would love these boots in black or brown leather. Since they are starting at $1750, they will probably have remain firmly in dreamland for now, but ahhh to dream...

More riding boots to come tomorrow!

0 comments: