Thursday, November 13, 2008

Giddeyup!

Today I shall continue my salute to the riding boot with two more styles that I feel have that perfect blend of style and practicality. The first comes from Celine:


Celine leather riding boots
Black leather riding boot with brown leather contrasting panel at top of boot and Celine logo.
$750USD at www.net-a-porter.com
Though I often don't like two-toned boots, the subtlety of the contrasting colors works with these boots and also makes them very versatile in terms of wearing them with black or earth toned outfits. (Yes, all black boots could be worn with earth tones just fine, but brown boots would be a little less fabulous with a black outfit.)

Next, this lovely offering from Chloe:

Chloe camel Equestrian flat boots
$998USD at www.net-a-porter.com

I think these are FAB-U-LOUS! Love the originality of the camel color, the curvature in the stitching, the delicacy of the sole (not at all big and heavy). They are beautifully crafted and the soft, buttery leather is just delicious!

Tomorrow I will have a couple more riding boots for us to savor, then next week will begin the big job of catching up on the top designers' Fall/Winter shoe collections. I'll highlight the fabulous (Rickard Shah, ahhhh) down to the just plain odd (that's right, I'm looking at you, Christian Louboutin!) So many shoes, so little time!!!

Finally, from our reader mailbag:
A UK reader writes in asking where to find the fabulous Rickard Shah shoes featured in the "Kelly Hearts Rickard Shah" post. Thank you for your note! As I have only bought Rickard Shahs in the US, I don't have any personal knowledge as to where to get them in the UK, however, I have written to the company via their website, to see if they can answer your question. Hopefully I will have an answer for you shortly (and we'll get to see how good their customer service is!)

*******UPDATE************

I heard back very quickly from Binith Shah, himself! Apparently in the UK, one orders directly through Rickard Shah in Florence. Email and phone number is available on their website: www.rickardshah.com

Since I have been so out of the shoe loop these past 11 months, I have also apparently missed out on a new line Rickard Shah has come out with called Rickard Shah PURE, which launched in Los Angeles last week. You'd better believe there will be further information here immediately!!!

Cheers!

0 comments: